Customs clearance takes place in an approved area to simplify the customs normative. This ensures many advantages to firms which are exporting already and have a ‘transit visa’.
The goods are presented to the carrier together with customs clearance for export.
The use of approved areas for customs clearance of the goods allows the customs offices to carry out customs formalities directly ‘in situ’ and in other places authorized for the shipping e/on the receipt of the goods.
• The goods do NOT need to physically transit the customs.
• They can be declared previous to the shipping
• Eventual checks (CD document check or VM – check goods) are made without moving the goods
• Reduced time in clearing customs
• Extension of time which tends to become drawn out in the case of CDC or other checks
• Reduced costs related to transport of goods
• Reduced number of checks: the concession of Approved Areas has a direct consequence on inspections made by customs officers
• Reduction of risks related to loading / unloading of goods for transport to Customs
Avoiding other risks such as:
• Risk of not obtaining Customs documents for non performance of the carrier within 90 cays asked for the emission of the invoice according to Art.8 comma b DPR 633/72
• Risk of non-clearance at non-Italian customs offices and difficulty in obtaining DAU/DAE with relative code MRN